I am currently a PostDoctoral Research Fellow with the Ubiquitous Internet Research Unit at the Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT) of National Research Council (CNR), Italy. My current research interests are in Wireless Power Transfer, Internet of Things, Sensor-Cloud.
I completed my PhD at the Smart Wireless Applications & Networking (SWAN) Research Group at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in 2020. My PhD thesis was on “Provisioning Sensors-as-a-Service in Sensor-Cloud-based Internet of Things” under the supervision of Prof. Sudip Misra and Prof. Narendra Singh Raghuwanshi. I have received MS from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in 2014. My MS thesis was on “Architecture and Localization in Underwater Sensor Networks” under the guidance of Prof. Sudip Misra. Previously, I completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded Systems from CDAC, Mohali in 2009, and B. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engg. from Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata in 2008. Besides, I have several years of research experience working on research projects funded by different agencies such as ITRA and DeitY, Govt. of India.
I am a member of IEEE and ACM. I regularly serve as a TPC/Organizing member and reviewer for several conferences and journals. In 2016, I was selected as a Richard E Merwin Student Scholar by IEEE Computer Society and served as a student ambassador of the IEEE Computer Society. I served as the Chairman of the Executive Committee at IEEE Student Branch, IIT Kharagpur during 2015-16. Proud to share that IEEE TechSym 2016, an IEEE international symposium chaired by me, was awarded the 2017 Darrel Chong activity award in GOLD category by IEEE. I, with three of my friends, was the winner of GE Edison Challenge 2013 with an award of INR 10 Lakhs, and co-founded SkinCurate Research in 2014.
My full CV can be viewed here. (April 11, 2021)
- Feb. 2021: Convocated (online) from IIT Kharagpur.
- Jan. 2021: Joined IIT-CNR as a PostDoctoral Research Fellow.
- Jan. 2021: Survey on IoT for Agricultural Applications accepted in IEEE IoT journal.
- Nov. 2020: Successfully defended my PhD thesis.
- Oct. 2020: SecRET accepted in ACM Transaction on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems.
- Jun. 2020: Selected for ERCIM Post-Doctoral fellowship.
- Feb. 2020: SEAL accepted in Computer Communications.
- July 2019: Graduated from Plugin cycle 2 cohort.
- Feb. 2019: DVSP accepted in IEEE IoT Journal.
- Jan. 2019: Visited Taiwan’s manufacturing ecosystem (Plugin cycle 2 cohort).
- Dec. 2018: Received Best Conference Travel Grant from IIT Kharagpur for presenting iDVSP at IEEE GLOBECOM 2018, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Nov. 2018: Survey on WSN for Agricultural Applications is now among the most cited paper in Computers & Electronics in Agriculture Journal.
- July 2018: iDVSP accepted in IEEE GLOBECOM 2018.
- Aug. 2017: Received Institute PhD Fellowship.
- Feb. 2017: Sensing-cloud accepted in CompAG.
- Dec. 2016: Selected as IEEE Richard E Merwin Scholar.
- Sept. 2016: Served as the Organzing Chair for IEEE TechSym 2016 at IEEE Student Branch IIT Kharagpur.
- Sept. 2016: ENTRUST accepted in Computer Networks.
- July 2016: WSN survey on Agricultural Applications is among top downloaded and cited papers in Computers & Electronics in Agriculture Journal.
- July 2015: ENTICE accepted in Journal of Network and Computer Applications.
- July 2015: Cloud-based Optimal Energy Forecasting accepted in IEEE GLOBECOM.
- Sept. 2014: Dynamic duty scheduling accepted in IEEE CloudCom, Singapore.
- Aug. 2014: Biography selected for Who’s Who in the World® 2015 (32nd Edition).
- July 2014: Received MS from IIT Kharagpur.
- July 2014: OLTC accepted in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing.
- Feb. 2014: Co-founded SkinCurate Research.
- Dec. 2013: Won GE Edison Challenge with an award of INR 10 Lakhs.